Sunday 1 January 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

I don't know why but for some reason I always expect to feel different on the first day of a new year.

Perhaps it is all the hopes and dreams we hold close to our hearts when there is a new beginning in sight.

It isn't that 2011 was a bad year but it was a fairly hard year for many of us and so completely devastating for others ... I hope for something more beautiful this year.  I certainly hope for more peace.

For me ... I want to spend more time with my wonderful family, take more photos, lose a little weight, improve my health and enjoy my life more.  I need to learn to focus on the good and not the bad ... I have so much good to appreciate. I believe that to some extent we are responsible for our own happiness and I am going to chase it if I have to.

We have had such a great start to the year ... very relaxing (and a lot of tears).

I finished the book I started yesterday "Night Road" by Kristin Hannah - I just couldn't put it down ... it was brilliant, I loved it ... I cried a lot. I found it such an emotionally powerful book, I can't wait to read another of her novels.  Here is a link to Night Road - it is a great read, I totally recommend it.


My wonderful husband cooked a beautiful breakfast ... not great for my diet perhaps but it was most delicious. A lovely first meal for 2012.


Our Vali on New Years morning ... patiently waiting for her sausage breakfast .... yum.






As we don't watch many movies settling down to watch "Red Dog" was a real treat... and yes there were many many more tears.  A beautiful movie and such a wonderful dog - I was really touched by this story. Of course this led to a bit more time Googling "Red Dog" and learning even more about this wonderfully loyal animal.  Mind you being a dog lover helps !!


Now I think I have cried a year full of tears already, I better do something fun this afternoon - see you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment